Your website is central to the online marketing and communication needs of your hotel business. Websites tell potential customers about your hotel and the products you offer and ways that you can provide solutions to their problems. With Google and other main search engines always updating their search algorithms and online changes always coming, it is essential that your hotel website is routinely audited and improved. There are countless reasons for quarterly website audit and some of the profit-oriented reasons are as following.
- Improve Visibility in the Search Results
A routine website audit will help to find any errors in your Meta data that may be preventing the search engines from indexing your content or ranking dominantly in the search engine results. Corrections can help search engines to find content in your HTML and this will guarantee better rankings in SERPs. When your hotel website ranks higher in the SERPs, you are assured of more traffic and sales and this will definitely impact your bottom line.
How it is Done
An SEO audit analyzes how well your hotel website presence relates to the set best practices and it is usually the first step in creating an effective implementation plan that will guarantee measureable results. An SEO audit will identify all the foundational issues that are affecting your organic search and will reveal the following:
- Technical SEO issues
- On-page SEO issues
- Website structure issues
- Potential off-site problems
- Content gaps and opportunities
- User experience issues
- Competitive marketplace insights
An SEO audit is done by
- Starting a crawl of your website to identify problems with your site like low word count, excess redirects, unlinked pagination pages, and duplicate content.
- Confirming that only one version of your website is browseable
- Conducting on-page SEO checks
- Managing internal and external links
- Checking your site speed
- Leveraging your analytics and comparing website metrics
- Checking your off-site SEO and performing a backlink audit
- Reassess your SEO strategies and build an encircling brand strategy around it
- Discover Successful Strategies
A website audit helps hoteliers to understand how their competition attract audiences. There are keyword research and SERP analysis tools that analyze your site’s keywords and even rank them against other hotels for popularity. This will enable hoteliers to formulize better strategies that are relevant to their business and will give them an edge over their competitors. In addition, audits can help hoteliers to identify the best areas for refining their leads and sales. The professionals carrying out the website audit will make relevant recommendations regarding the online marketing priorities that you should focus on. As you address these aspects, your website will generate more volume of traffic, leads, and even sales.
How This Is Done
You can discover successful strategies by carrying out an SEO audit and a social media audit. For social media audit, you need to review what working, strategies that are failing is, and what improvements can be done across all your social media channels.
- Determine all your existing hotel social media profiles
- Analyze each social media profile
- Identify the top performing social media posts
- Identify the most shared content on your website
- Check your hotel branding
- Define your target audience
- Explore new and promising social media platforms for your hotels
- Calculate your monthly return on investment (ROI)
- Create new objectives
- Conversion Rate Optimization
A content, social media, and conversion audit will help hoteliers to reevaluate the effectiveness of their website with regards to lead generation and conversion. This will enable you to determine any missed opportunities of converting visitors into actual leads. You will be able to add relevant CTAs and identity deficiencies in hotel landing pages so that you can implement the best solutions that will boost your conversions.
How this is Done
Hoteliers can optimize their conversions by carrying out a conversion audit. This involves a 360-degree assessment of the consumer’s journey on your hotel website. A conversion audit is the first step to guarantee a fruitful conversion rate optimization process. Through a thorough conversion audit, hoteliers can learn about the behaviors of their visitors, detect holes in the conversion funnels, and use the visitor behavior knowledge to fix these holes and boost the conversion rates. A conversion audit can be done following the steps listed below.
- set goals and definitions of your hotel business
- Know your target audience
- Analyze your website traffic
- Evaluate your current assets and website content
- Test your forms
- Evaluate the checkout process
- Analyze your website design and layout
- Evaluate user experience
- Identify where you can use Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Strategies
A routine website audit is important to keep your performance up to standards because search engine algorithms, market trends, competitors, and best practices are always on the move. Regular website audits will keep your hotel business agile and ensure that it is aligned with the ever-changing Google’s best practices. With quarterly website audits, you will get a summary report that states all the discrepancies discovered. They will also offer recommendations on the most effective ways of correcting these issues. Ensure that your hotel website gets quarterly audits as this will enhance your brand’s Google search ranking while increasing website performance and traffic.